If you're not aware of it already, two months ago we consolidated the Windows 8 Developer Blog (where I did the last two posts) and the Windows Store Blog into a single Windows App Builders Blog (http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/appbuilder/). We've been actively getting new posts written for this blog…we started mostly with highlights from //build 2013, but lately have been posting more substantive articles targeted to Windows 8.1down of the main ones:
- jQuery and WinJS working together in Windows Store apps
- What's new in WebView for Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 for iOS developers
- Developing world-ready apps in XAML (part 1 | part 2)
- Designing and building user interfaces for Windows
- Creating smarter apps with Geofencing
- Creating a unique ListView layout using cell-spanning in HTML (you can do this in Windows 8 with the GridLayout, but in 8.1 you use the CellSpanningLayout)
As part of the vteam that plans and manages the blog and lines up authors, I can truthfully say that much more is on the way.
On that thought, is there any topic you'd specifically like to see covered? If you could sit down with a feature team in the whole Windows engineering org and pick their brains, who would that be? What questions would you ask? What would you like to learn? What backstory would you like to know more about? Post your comments here and I can guarantee I'll bring them up in our planning meetings.